An Anglers Club meeting was held on Saturday, September 4th at 10:00 AM at the LLV Chalet. There were multiple topics of discussion during the meeting.
- The main topic of discussion was the upcoming 2022 budget request from the LLVPOA.
- An Anglers Club Fishing Contest was held on Saturday, September 11th from 4:00-7:00 PM followed by a weigh in gathering at the Pines Lake beach parking lot from 7:00-9:00 PM. There were 20 club members that registered for the contest. First place – Greg Pierce with a 4 pound 3 oz. largemouth bass / Second place – Bill Mullen with a 3 pound 4 oz. largemouth bass / Third place – Sue Petro with an 8 oz. largemouth bass / Fourth place – Austin Pierce with a 7 oz. rock bass. The top finishers won a prize. All fish were released unharmed. Thanks to Jay Pierce for donating a fishing equipment bag as an additional prize for the contest. Special thanks to Anne Rafter and Marcia Rezner for cooking the hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill during the weigh in gathering and to the following for their donations to increase the variety of food for the gathering: Sue Petro – pasta salad and cookies / Mary Gettis – watermelon / Randy & Nancy Easterday – snacks and dip / Marcia Rezner – fudge brownies / Greg Pierce – donuts / Anne Rafter – cake and marshmallows.
- On October 7th there were 16,000 3-5 inch golden shiners stocked into Pines Lake. Bob Gettis and Tom Rafter assisted with the stocking. All stockings were recommended and/or approved by Bill Kirkpatrick of AEC.
Any questions regarding club membership status or the Anglers Club please contact Tom Rafter or Joe McCusker.
- The next Anglers Club meeting is scheduled for Saturday, November 20th at the LLV Chalet starting at 1:00 PM. There will be multiple topics of discussion.
- The Anglers Club will decorate the LLV Chalet for Christmas on Sunday, November 21st at 11:00 AM.
- East Lake and Locust Lake will be stocked with trout on December 1st for the late fall/winter-ice fishing season.
- Santa Claus and his elves are loading up his sleigh for a visit to the LLV Chalet. The Kid’s Christmas Party will be held on Saturday, December 11th at the Chalet from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Volunteers should arrive at 10:00 AM to set up for the event. Registration details for the Kid’s Christmas Party will be communicated via LLV E-blasts.
Tentative dates and times:
- Ice Fishing Clinic at East Lake on Saturday, January 15th from 12:00 – 2:00 PM
- Ice Fishing Contest at East Lake on Saturday, February 19th from 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Official dates and times to follow via LLV E-blasts and Anglers Club communications.
Please be mindful of the 3 trout daily limit during the extended trout season along with catch and release of all largemouth bass and special panfish regulations within LLV.
You must be logged in to post a comment.